Configuration builds upon the bootstrapped environments.
Getting Ruby to talk to Microsoft SQL Server 2005 is one thing. Getting Ruby to talk to Microsoft SQL Server Developer Edition 2000, has one twist that threw me off for hours. Here, I'll show you how to do and hopefully save you lots of frustration and brain damage from banging your head against the wall. I won't cover a complete Ruby and Rails/Ramaze/Sinatra installation. This post assumes you have that much down pat, so we'll pick up the ball with installing FreeTDS, unixODBC, Ruby ODBC If you're using Ubuntu 8.10, you can get away with installing everything from packages with the following: ~~~ bash apt-get install unixodbc freetds-common tdsodbc \ libodbc-ruby1.8 \ libdbi-ruby1.8 libdbd-odbc-ruby \ autoconf make ~~~ **NOTE: I wrote this article and right before publishing, attempted to replicate these results on both mac OS X and CentOS… read more
I was really struggling with getting Apache and Active Directory talking and restricting access (authorizing) only a sub-set of users that belonged to a particular group. Here, I show you how I solved the problem. … read more
Phusion Passenger is one of the easiest Rails and Rack environments to set up and configure with Apache2. With my bootstrapping scripts, the ability to establish a Virtual machine image and have a working Rails application on it in minutes is a reality. Here is how I do it. … read more
a.k.a. Code Connoisseur
- ICQ ‐ 25239620
- AIM ‐ mwlang88
- Yahoo! ‐ mwlang88
- Google ‐ mwlang
- Twitter ‐ @mwlang88
EducationBachelor of Science
Information and Computer Science
- On Hiring Good People
- Week Five in the Gym
- The True Power of the Internet
- Rekindling a desire to workout consistently
- I'd Rather Eat my Britches than Do This
- Mold Killer Recipe
- Gonna be Starting Something New
- Pitch Camp, what is it good for?
- Less communication can be more
- Let the Musings Begin
- Working on a Referral Pre-Launch Site
- Making Commitments, Reaching Out
- Preparing for Countdown
- Ground Zero
- A Reflection of the Technologies Built Things With
- Dynamic Routing in Rails Revisited
- Creating Dynamic Routes at runtime in Rails 4
- Adding Google Analytics script to Sprockets
- Gems you should consider for every Rails projects
- Weak Password will get you Hacked!
- Status updating...